Friday, November 28, 2008

Stephen Colbert is reading my blog...

colbert report.jpg

In my November 4th entry, I went off on a tangent and wondered what it might be like if Charles Xavier, leader of the X-Men, were president. I also said that I would expand on that idea at a later date. Well, Stephen Colbert in his 11/13/08 episode of the Colbert Report picked up my slack. Yes, I know I'm late posting this. Shoot me.

He appears on the cover of one of the variants of Amazing Spider-man #573. He had a lot of funny things in that episode.

-He was strong in the demographics of invisible women and elastic dads.

-He may have lost independent votes due to his stance against same Thing marriages.

-J. Jonah Jameson pulled a Dewey Defeats Truman and announces that Colbert won the election only to retract the next day as Colbert won the popular vote but lost in the electoral college to Obama.

-His loss is probably because the elderly people in Broward County, Florida accidently voted for Thor.

-He would have fixed our economy with the help of his Treasury Secretary, billionaire industrialist Tony Stark.

-He would have stopped illegal Skrulls from streaming across our space borders.

-He would have arrested the Silver Surfer for public indecency and made him wear silver pants.

-He would have reached across the aisle to DC Comics.


-He has a close, personal relationship with Superman.......although they've never been seen together. Hmmmmm.

I'm glad I never got around to writing my blog entry. Colbert was much funnier than I could have been. However I do think he missed out one one small item.





wolverine.jpgPeople want to keep the U. S. out of wars. I give you Secretary of Defense Wolverine. We'd likely never have to go to war with anybody, but if we did, the war would be really, really short.



I would also suggest Secretary of Homeland Security Wolverine. Terrorists will think twice before inviting perforation with adamantium claws.





Before anyone says anything.....No, I don't really think Stephen Colbert is reading my blog.



I think one of his writers is. ;-)




Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , ,


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: