Friday, November 28, 2008

The use of Wikipedia...

wikipedia logo-ish.jpg


When I cite in my blog, which I have been known to do from time to time, I tend to use Wikipedia. Some might be inclined to ask why I would use a source that has been less than reliable from time to time. The answer is simple. This blog is about politics. It just isn't important enough to me to go digging around for the ultimate irrefutable source. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything here. I don't even believe it is possible. Liberals and conservatives, democrats and republicans, whatever you want to call them aren't going to be convinced by anything. American partisans hold to their beliefs dearly. The beliefs held by each side are usually polar opposites from one another and they are both usually bullshit.

I think it was a line from Babylon 5 that makes this mess the most clear to me. "...understanding is a three edged sword: Your side, their side - and the truth." It is unfortunate that this will never help anyone else. Partisans are unlikely to allow little things like facts to confuse them.

Keep on yelling, kids. The one who yells loudest or last is usually declared correct.



Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: