Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Obama...

barack obama.jpgIn January, Barack Obama will become our 44th president. In a self-serving moment, President-elect Obama has proven me right on one point. I have long held that a black man would ascend to the presidency before a woman of any color. It's historical. It was legal for black men to vote before it was legal for women to vote. I'm not saying that it was always easy, practical, or even safe for black men to vote. I know my history. But on paper, black men possessed the legal right prior to women. That said, congratulations President-elect Obama. It was too long in coming. It's been 44 years since the Civil Rights Act became law. No offense, Mr. President-elect, but you shouldn't be our first African-American president. You should be our second or third.

My prediction now that the election is over has not changed. The democrats will have an unproductive four to sixteen-ish years in office and then it will again be the republicans turn to accomplish little to nothing for a similar amount of time.

OK, Mr. President-elect, you proved me right on the order in which non-white people would ascend to the presidency. Now this is your big chance to prove me wrong. Figure out a way to make something, anything, useful happen in gridlock central. Good luck.


Technorati Tags:
, ,


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: