Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Al Gore Gets a Spoken Word Grammy for Not Speaking...

I don't know who picks who wins grammies. Whoever these people are, they need to reexamine their decision making process. The award for Best Spoken Word should be given to a person who has spoken words. Let's review the nominees...

Born Standing Up by Steve Martin and read by Steve Martin

I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert and read by Stephen Colbert

Life Beyond Measure by Sidney Poitier and read by Sidney Poitier

When You Are Engulfed In Flames by David Sedaris and read by David Sedaris

An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore and read by Beau Bridges, Cynthia Nixon, and Blair Underwood

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong.



Don't get me wrong. I know why Al Gore won this award. There is no god but global warming and Al Gore is its prophet. That doesn't mean I don't get to call STUPID when it raises its ugly head.

I learned just enough science in high school that I know to hold suspect scientists who are certain about what will happen in the future. There is too much certainty being bandied about on both sides of the global warming argument.

If in the future, it turns out that global warming is a load of crap, I demand that there be a do-over of this year's grammies.




Technorati Tags:
, , , ,


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: