Tuesday, October 28, 2008

When one is no different than the other…


My wife was watching Fox News while we were eating dinner tonight. My wife is still proudly a Republican. I envy her. She still believes. But I digress. Neil Cavuto was talking about the economic plans of Obama and McCain. He pointed out that there really isn't much difference in their attitude toward spending. Neither of them are really afraid of spending money. Neither of them have avoided too many opportunities to spend money.

I could take this opportunity to explain to you the sources and methodologies used to verify this contention. But I look at it this way: they're politicians. What the hell else do they do except spend other people's money, usually badly. Besides, I'm blogging, not writing my doctoral thesis. If you want carefully researched information, please go to http://www.encyclopedia.com/. It has much more carefully researched information but I promise that I will ultimately be more fun to read. The ramblings of a complete stranger are usually more compelling.

It was an interesting vindication of my starting this blog. He presented a thin slice (he was using one of those devices they use to slice things that are going to go under a microscope) of what I am feeling. It's nice to know that in some small way that someone shares at least one of my views.
Sphere: Related Content

No comments: