Sunday, November 30, 2008

You have got to be kidding me...

Monopoly electronic edition.jpg
Just when you think you've seen just about everything, one more thing comes along to slap you in the face and say, "Hi, I'm here to help bring an end to Western Civilization." Monopoly has created a version that does the math for you. I don't get it. There is no math required in Monopoly that one shouldn't Master before entering Middle School. It just isn't that hard a game. What about income tax? If it's difficult to calculate, you're likely going to come out ahead by just paying the $200. It will also help prevent the other players from beating you up for stopping the game for half an hour while you calculate 10% of your cash, properties, and improvements. People wonder why our schools are failing. I'll tell you one reason. Our children are being offered more an more opportunities to not think.

In the interest of fairness, perhaps this is just a new twist on the game to help spark new sales this timeless classic. If that is the case, I can live with it. But anybody purchasing the game must first prove that they have mastered the skill set necessary to do all the math required in Monopoly before they earn the privilege of not having to do it anymore.

Disclosure: I love Monopoly. I only dislike this version of it. Oh, and the other versions with electronic money that I didn't know about before today. And maybe the SpongeBob edition.



Technorati Tags:
,


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: